Friday, June 5, 2015
How to reset your mac OSX user account if you are locked out.
How I Reset my MacOSX
1. Shutdown your computer if it is on.
2. Start your computer and immediately press and hold Command + S to enter Single-user mode
3. When the terminal is opened. Enter these command one at a time and press Enter after each command:
mount -uw /
Above commands will do the following things:
- Mount the internal hard drive with write permission
- Remove the Mac setup file. This is the file that OSX checks to determine if the system is ready to setup.
- Reboot the Mac.
After rebooting, you will see the setup screen of your Mac. Go through it and, once you get into your mac, Go to System Preferences > Users & Groups:
There, you will see your user account, open it and change your password (don't forget to change your keyboard back to English),
then you can restart your computer and you can get back into your account and continue your work.....
hope this helps someone else...