Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Before and After : Central World, Bangkok, Thailand
by : pickpoon
by : newlifeinbangkok
I've seen the dark smokes were floating up into the blue sky of Bangkok this morning on my way to Immigration Office. Later in the day, I've received a lot of calls from friends asking my whereabouts, and heard the news that Central World and several other key spots in Bangkok have been set fired.
And at around 3 PM in the afternoon, the thai government declared curfew for citywide of Bangkok.
According to Bangkok Post,During the riots, 58 injuries with 6 dead including an Italian reporter.,the total of 27 building were burnt down across the city.
1. Paragon shopping mall and Siam Square. Siam Theatre was completely burned down.
2. Parts of Centara Grand Hotel at Ratchaprasong
3. Parts of the Stock Exchange of Thailand building on Wireless Road
4. Mahathun building on Ploenchit Road
5. Bangkok Bank and Krung Thai Bank of Asoke branches
6. Parts of the Office of Narcotics Control Board and a nearby convenient store 7Eleven in Din Daeng area
7. Bangkok Bank and Government Savings Bank of Din Daeng branches
8. Maleenont Building which houses Channel 3 television station
9. Bangkok Bank's Rama IV branch and Tesco Lotus superstore on Rama IV Road
10. The Metropolitan Electricity Authority in Klong Toey
11. Central World shopping mall
12. Bangkok Bank's Victory Monument branch